September 26, 2013

happy fall


http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d5/ee/6a/d5ee6a608035141727034340502d29eb.jpg
Image via Pinterest
Monday was the official first day of fall...hooray! While browsing through pinterest this week and last, we found a couple of pins pertaining to creating a fall bucket list. We thought this was very cute and decided to come up with our own. Here are our bucket lists for the fall season:

SYDNEY
1. Go to the pumpkin patch for the first time with my son!
2. Make a wonderful Thanksgiving feast for the family. I love to cook! My favorite recipe is sweet potatoes with a pecan, brown sugar crumble. Mmm!
3. Can some veggies from my garden.
4. Visit Gizdich Ranch, a pick-it-yourself apple farm.

MEGAN
1. Make a dutch apple pumpkin pie (I first tried this in Julian, CA and fell in love...It is delicious!).
2. Decorate pumpkins...Martha Stewart has so many fun decorating ideas that I want to try.
3. Make three recipes from this honey cookbook (fall makes me think of pumpkin, cinnamon, apples, cloves and honey!)
4. Have a fun fall-themed get-together with friends.
~m&s

Here are some pictures of my recent canning experience. 
I will be making jams soon...look for the how-to on the blog!
~Sydney
photo by Sydney
photo by Sydney


No comments:

Post a Comment